Just invented this. At the moment it is a pen and paper cipher. Does this have a practical application.

One or more people want a document sealed/encrypted and only opened if all agree for it to be opened. Each encrypt it with their password and pass it on to the next. When all have it encrypted everyone gets a copy.

Perhaps this already exists.

One area it might be useful is for a blind auction.

I think this method would rely upon a per-document key rather than a per-user key, similar to https://github.com/owncloud

The process is outlined in more detail here... https://security.stackexchange.com/a/78933

However this only covers multi-user encryption, rather than your lockdown until all users have completed. Perhaps that aspect is better covered by file access after the encrypting stages?

Thanks for the reply, i am ready the links to your reply. It is close to a threshold encryption but it does have major differences. Most encryption algorithms are not patented so i will post a video of the mapping. This surpasses my ability to code although it is a very simple process. The algorithm can be used in many ways. To discover sequences in arbitrary files, change the entropy of a random file, used as a one time pad. Once again i am new here and want to abide by all rules. If this can not be discussed here please delete this and let me know where i can move this topic. 

You are very welcome to post here. Forum guidelines are here but basically are just about being polite to one another.

For video/files etc I recommend hosting off-site with YouTube/DropBox etc and linking to them so that your copy stays safe.

Looking forward to hearing more about your concept.

Hey James, this cipher is suddenly making me very nervous. I've studied ciphers for over 40 years. I see no way to decrypt it without the key. How do you handle the idea that someone someday will post a cipher that is solid, unbreakable, and they have just placed it in the publics hands. I'll post it, I'm not looking for drama just nervous. 

This could easily be made into an impossible to decrypt cipher. Where one key of x and y organize the row into a single letter in the row randomly located and read that make up the plain text (modified book cipher)....this is more dangerous than i thought. 

Edited by 2muchcoffee